Hurricane Sandy Update
- We have been without water or power since last night. They’re estimating 4 days before its back.
- The reason all of lower manhattan is without power is likely due to the explosion of a con Ed plant at 14th street. Google the video, it’s insane.
- I have 73% battery on the iPad and about half on my phone.
- We have no clue about the shore, but apparently a house in our town floated away. Anxiety doesn’t begin to cover it.
- Today is for operation: eat all the food that will soon go bad in the fridge. That just happens to include bubbles and cheese. Oh well.
- Jon had to go into work. School is cancelled again tomorrow. We’re trying to come up with a plan for tonight.
- I couldn’t reach my family for hours. That was…not okay.
- subways are out of commission for an unknown amount of time. It’s amazing how quickly something you take for granted can be taken away.
- I’m in awe of our team of first responders.
I hope you are all safe and dry at home. Lets get through this, shall we NYC?