Recipe #17: Roasted Squash and Chicken
This is one of those “so easy it’s not even really a recipe” recipes. But that also makes it the perfect dish for those crazy days/weeks when you want something homemade but not a ton of time. It’s also delicious and healthy, so there’s that. Highly, highly recommend trying it.
- chicken breasts (my pan can fit 2 or 3)
- 2 large zucchini
- 1 large yellow summer squash
- 1 large red onion
- fresh basil
- red pepper flakes
1. Cut up the zucchini and summer squash into large chunks. Try to make them all about the same size so that they roast evenly. Peel the red onion and slice into large chunks, as well.
2. Toss all the veggies with a little bit of olive oil, salt, pepper, a sprinkle of thyme, red pepper flakes, and a little bit of chopped fresh basil. Put everything into a large glass pan.
3. Take your chicken breasts and season with salt and pepper on both sides. Place the chicken on top of the veggies in the pan.
4. Put the pan into a pre-heated oven at 375 degrees. Roast for about 40 minutes (or until the chicken is done). Serve with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese on top. Yum!